Is the fact that I am counting how long I have been in Denmark a good or bad sign! Me, I don’t know. All I know is that I am still oscillating between “I absolutely hate this place” to “its an okayish place….kinda”
I have been doing a lot of soul searching given that I seem to have a bit of time on my hands since school is out for the summer. My soul searching has led me to the following conlusion.
- The presence of people around me is vital to maintaining my bolts and nuts in balance therefore ensuring a level of sanity.
- I will never retire on a farm out in the bondoos. That I just do not get. Even if, I was given sijui which farm worth x million monies.. thank you very much, I will retire in a flat, in the middle of the city.. where I can watch people go by and be dubbed the nosy old woman!
- My sense of worth is closely tied to my work. Without work, I have no sense of worth. I am trying my hardest to do all those things the self help books and bible teach, but right now it is not working well and I am begining to think it is all hogwash anyway.
- The grass is always greener on the other side, but when you are on the less green side, it very very hard to count your blessings and realise that the other side has issues.
- and finally as Lucky Dube said “No man can hide from his fears/since they are a part of him,/ they always know where to find him/ so walk tall/ keep your head high/ put a smile on your face/don,t let your troubles get you / I FEEL AIRE!!!! X2
All in all, on a scale of 100%, Denmark scores 38.45%. I have 3 more months to go.. and then we will see. And just for the record, as of today 13.07.06, Denmark is an okayish place… kinda…..