Since I am on the roll with the pictures here we go….. so much for having lost blog mojo. Baby is still sleeping (in his bed now.. so gotta hurry)
The above outfit is banging! love the handbag too. Though I would never know how to put it together if it was left to me.
Below, I love the simplicity of the outfit. Love love the blouse.
Another leggings picture below
I got the leggings pictures from this website. It basically means Streetfashion=gade mode. That is the fashion in Denmark at the moment
I am trying to find fashion pictures of Everyday black men and women and it is proving rather difficult given my time constraints. I found this instead. Enjoy.
As the saying goes: I have lost blog mojo. That being said, I have a few random thoughts that are begging to be let out so here goes;
Baby will be seven months old on Sunday. Photos to come. Right now he is asleep on me in the baby carrier. He’s had a few rough days. Been to doc twice and baby has been given a clean bill of health.. whatever he is going through has been hard on him. My poor baby has been screaming, whiny and just wants to be close to Mama. Poor baby. The fact that he is sleeping should mean that he is on his way to feeling better- yippe. He has 4 teeth. Is trying to crawl. Sits up on his own kabisa and is on a food strike at the moment. Only boobies will do.
The other day I was reading something on Oprah’s website. It was the recap on a show about sex . One of the panelist was saying ati sex after 50 is still hot… (we are yet to see 🙂 Then she continued to say that she has a FWB =friend with benefits and they have a good understanding and respect for each other blah blah. I found myself wondering exactly how this FWBs works. My wondering went something like this: So now when one feels like getting their groove on, you call and say “hey I will be over and a minute” then you get there, pretend to have coffee or whatever while knowing that you are there primarily for the nookie” I was just not seeing how one goes about this FWBs gig. It has to get awkward at some point. How does one not catch feelings for the other, how do you deal with “I am busy” ama.. the fact that your FWBs has another FWBs….. very strange.. me thinks I would rather pay for it.. because at least in that case there is no pretense.. I need release.. I pay, you do the job.. you go home thank you very much and hopefully since it with a professional… satisfaction guaranteed. 😀
I am toying with the idea of getting leggings. There are the mid calf leggings which were in all summer. With winter approaching the full length leggings are in. I have seen some leggings atrocities in town hence my skeptism. They look nice on the less endowed thighs. Being fully African with abundant thigh.. but not butt tsk tsk… me thinks I might end up being an atrocity. Still toying with the idea. This is what I am talking about:
This is okayish leggings.
This is not working for her at all.
Winter is approaching, hair must get braided. Have I mentioned it costs like £110 to have it done. The lady refused to give “a sister” a discount. Someone has offered to work thier magic on my head but I am hesitant. Thing is very few people can braid without pulling your hair. My hair line is already dodgey looking thus my unwillingness to further destroy it in the name of saving a few bucks.. buuuuuttttt £110 is a lot to ask!
Jantelov is a danish mentality / attitude that permeates Scandinavia . Most Danes will vehemently deny subscribing to it, but today I saw it in action and I am still reeling in amazement.
Some may say it is simply cultural difference. To me there are only two explanations, Jantelov, jealousy or plain mean-ness… ok that was three.
So today was mothergroup and there we were, all six of us with our six babies, chit chatting away. And yes, I do understand almost 70% of what is said.. the other 30% will follow when I master the language. Not bad for 1year 5months.
So Mama Mg says ati she will be going away for a 14day job gig and everyone was like ok.. whatever. Later I ask her if the job is to do with her usual gig and she is like “nope, I will be hosting a show and it is being recorded in Sweden”. So there I am all excited, giddy and I am like “oh really, what show, what will you be doing… this is so cool.. you will be on TV… when, what channel”.. basically excited like it’s me going to be on TV. She was all smiles and shy but responded. In the midst of it all I am noticing the other Mamas are like “whatever” pretending not to listen like it’s no big deal. Yet it is a big deal. She will be presenting on a major TV talent show .. something like Pop Idol and everyone is pretending like it’s nothing.
I was really happy for her. Only one other Mama asked some question which had no relevance thereafter the subject was dropped like a hot potatoe. I was like “what the f*ck”. On my way home I was thinking of the whole thing when it hit me -Jantelov. My only thought was “no shit”!!